Damage to Buildings, Contents, Fixtures and Fittings
Cover your building, contents, fixture and fittings against accidental damage, fire, storm, theft, deliberate damage, damage to windows, water damage, impact damage, burning out of an electric motor, flood, and damage was caused by your Tenant.
- Legal Liability – $30,000,000 cover for legal liability when bodily injury or third party property damage arises from an occurrence happening in connection with your ownership of the investment property.
- Contents – Up to $65,000 cover on contents and fixtures.
- Building – Flexible nomination of sum insured of your building.
- Loss of Rent if the property becomes Unfit for Habitation as a result of Accidental loss or damage to the Building and/or Contents up to $1,500 per week.
Currently cover is not available for all new policies for Legal Expenses and Loss of Rent due to:
- the rental property being unfit for habitation due to deliberate damage or theft by the tenant;
- default in payment of rent by the tenant;
- departure of the tenant from the property without notice;
- refusal of the tenant to vacate the property;
- death of a sole tenant;
- tenant hardship;
- closure or evacuation of the Building by order of a public authority.